Edinburgh, 1 March 2016 – Exterity, the leading provider of enterprise IP video solutions, today announced the launch of AvediaServer® 7.4 at CABSAT 2016. The latest upgrade supports a broader range of functionality to offer more personalized viewing experiences and video quality at up to 4K / HEVC.
AvediaServer, Exterity’s centralized IP video system management hub, enables organizations to monitor and control all Exterity devices from one place, ensuring that TV and video content is successfully delivered. The solution caters for live TV and video, Video on Demand (VoD) and catchup TV, which enables users to play back content up to seven days after airing, providing organizations with flexible and robust services adapted to their needs.
The new version of the AvediaServer viewing interface middleware, ArtioPortal®, has also been updated to enable more tailored experiences through:
- Added support for end user viewing options with LG, Samsung and Phillips SmartTVs, as well as for mobile devices with new Apple and Android apps to enable organizations to deploy a seamless viewing experience across all devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- An Electronic Program Guide (EPG) on mobile to facilitate scrolling between days.
- ‘Screen mirroring’ support for users of Samsung smartphones, providing users with a simple way to display their own content on a Samsung SmartTV.
Commenting on the launch, Colin Farquhar, CEO at Exterity, explained: “Organizations are increasingly looking for easy ways to distribute the best quality content in a user-friendly way, on a wider range of devices. The new AvediaServer 7.4 supports the latest video standards, while extending the service to SmartTVs and mobile devices. Combining this ease-of-use with a centralized management control hub means the AvediaServer is a must-have for companies of all sizes interested in offering a wider range of content to their employees or in deploying a single system across their worldwide operations.”
AvediaServer 7.4 will be demonstrated on the Exterity stand ZA3-40 at CABSAT 2016 (Dubai World Trade Center, March 8-10).
Note to editors: To request a briefing with Exterity, please contact Zoe Mumba of Platform PR: firstname.lastname@example.org, (T) +44 (0)20 7486 4900.
– ENDS –
Since 2001, Exterity has been designing, developing and manufacturing technically innovative products that deliver networked video over IP to some of the leading organizations across the globe.
Exterity solutions enable the distribution of HD quality TV, video and digital signage over enterprise IP networks to an unlimited number of end points, supporting large volumes of content and receiving devices without compromising system performance or availability.
- Deployed in over 40 countries
- Scalable IPTV solutions for organizations of any size and across any sector
- Unique industry leading features and market specific application
Headquartered in Scotland UK, we extend our global reach through our offices in Atlanta, London, Paris, Munich, Melbourne, Dubai, Hong Kong and Johannesburg. Localized knowledge and expertise is enhanced through the Exterity StreamForce program of credible, technically innovative partners, plus an extensive network of in-country resellers and distributors.