ACCESS to Demonstrate Multiscreen Solutions for the Home, Car and Outdoors at CES
The leading consumer electronics show will see ACCESS demonstrate:
ACCESS Twine™ multi-screen platform that enables the launch of powerful content sharing for PayTV, VoD, live TV channels for PayTV operators as well as in-car infotainment services
NetFrontTM Living Connect 3.1 media sharing solution with added support for the new DLNA® VidiPathTM guidelines
NetFront™ Browser BE, built on the Chromium Blink browser engine, extending the NetFrontTM Browser family and giving ACCESS a unique position in the worldwide browser market
ACCESS Twine multiscreen advertising capabilities showing how operators can monetize video using big data analysis and multiscreen-centric advertisement
Oberhausen, Germany, December 2nd, 2014 – ACCESS CO., LTD, a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile, beyond-PC and digital TV markets, today announced that CES will see it demonstrate its range of solutions enabling the delivery of secure TV Everywhere premium content inside and outside of the home. ACCESS solutions enable the monetization of multiscreen across PayTV, VoD and live channels as well as its connected car technologies through providing rich infotainment services for the new era of car connectivity to the cloud and the home.
“As multiscreen continues to evolve, operators are increasingly looking to find consumer facing solutions that can simplify this technologically complex landscape whilst providing the content consumers crave inside and outside of the home,” commented Dr. Neale Foster, COO and Global VP Sales TV, ACCESS Europe. “Our solutions have been fine tuned to provide a single framework for true TV Everywhere and multiscreen services regardless of connectivity, device, region or operating system. At CES, we plan to share our vision for an agnostic multiscreen future, including new screens such as the connected car, which has become an extension of the consumer connected device list.”
The CES demonstrations, hosted at a demo suite in the Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, will show how ACCESS’ solutions enable consumer electronic device makers, car manufacturers and Pay TV operators to deliver premium services and content on any screen inside or outside the home while ensuring the media sharing experience remains resolutely secure.
New developments and integrations include:
· ACCESS Twine: This solution makes it easier for operators to monetize and manage content services with additional consumer facing functionality, enabling users to better enjoy and share content on all devices
· Multimedia Content Sharing for the Connected Car: ACCESS Twine enables car users to access, play and store content in the car. Through its brand agnostic technologies, ACCESS helps automotive OEMs to maintain and strengthen their own brands and relationships with the car owners
· Support for the new DLNA VidiPath guidelines: Integrated with NetFront Living Connect 3.1, the added support for the DLNA VidiPath technology on the client and server sides enables secure playback across consumer devices while allowing operators to control the user experience across multiple screens
· YuMe’s multi-screen advertising solution integrated in ACCESS Twine: ACCESS and YuMe can provide operators with advanced digital advertising capabilities, including dynamic ad insertion, granular audience and inventory targeting and innovative ads across screens in and outside of the home.
· NetFront Browser BE: Built on the Chromium Blink browser engine, this advanced HTML5 browser features high stability on embedded platforms. NetFront Browser BE is an ideal solution for operators looking to deploy new generation hardware platforms and supports the latest HTML5 standards on high performance DTVs, set-top boxes, game consoles and automotive infotainment system.
· Demo of ACCESS software integration with ZapperBox dongle powered by Entropic: The integration of the DLNA VidiPath guidelines with NetFront Living Connect 3.1 will showcase how DLNA VidiPath on HDMI dongles enables operators to quickly deploy VidiPath compliant services. The ZapperBox dongle demonstration will also feature the integration of NetFront Browser BE, as well as on an Android tablet.
The ACCESS multiscreen solutions on show include:
· ACCESS Twine: a standards-based multiscreen management solution that enables operators in today’s fast moving multiscreen environment to bridge the growing gap between technology and the consumers’ desire for simplicity and universal content across all devices while also meeting the studios’ security demands. ACCESS Twine allows the control, secure distribution and sharing of video content on screens everywhere. It enables consumers to discover Pay TV content and services on a number of devices and provides operators with the ability to monetize multiscreen through advertising insertion and data collection capabilities. ACCESS Twine provides flexible software modules for set-top boxes (STB), digital TVs, home gateways, smartphones and tablets. The solution is available as a client for STBs, mobiles and tablets as well as a home gateway package. The head-end server side components facilitate the control of subscriber rights and can be integrated seamlessly with existing operator infrastructure such as subscriber management, analytics and premium content security systems.
· NetFront™ Living Connect: a market-leading DLNA Technology Component™ solution that enables the quick and efficient implementation of services that support DLNA standards such as HTML5 Remote User Interfaces (RUIs), HTTP Adaptive Delivery and Authentication, as well as DTCP-IP-based link layer protection, to stream premium content inside the home. The added support for the DLNA VidiPath technology on the client and server sides enables secure playback across multiple connected devices while allowing operators to control the user experience across multiple screens.
· The NetFront™ Browser series provides the ultimate embedded browser choice across legacy and new hardware platforms via a family of browser solutions, ensuring outstanding Internet viewing experiences, world leading rendering speed, HTML5 compliance and optimized memory-usage. NetFront Browsers are pre-installed in a wide variety of devices including TVs, gaming devices and in-vehicle infotainment systems. The browser series supports the latest global broadcasting and communications standards, such as HbbTV, Hybridcast, BML and Ginga, and continues to evolve to offer higher performance and even easier device integration.