ACCESS Demonstrates Next Generation Multiscreen Solutions at TV Connect
The latest developments in ACCESS’ product portfolio enhance multiscreen services through support for:
- Advanced data and analytics, combined with studio confident media sharing in ACCESS Twine
- The latest industry standards including HTML5, Chromium-based Blink engine, DLNA and the YouTube 2015 guidelines
Oberhausen, Germany, April 21st, 2015 – ACCESS CO., LTD (TV Connect stand 93), a global provider of advanced software technologies to the automotive, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT) and digital TV markets, today announced that it will demonstrate the latest developments in its multiscreen software portfolio at TV Connect (28-30 April, London, UK). The TV Connect demonstrations will show how ACCESS’ solutions enable operators to create a next generation multiscreen platform that combines linear, payTV and OTT into a single user experience, while securing the media sharing experience and developing new data driven revenue streams.
ACCESS has shipped its software solutions in over one billion devices worldwide, enabling the company to understand and address the multiplicity of device types, screen sizes, browsers, security options and interaction methods. The ACCESS multiscreen product portfolio is fully interoperable and can be integrated with any operator framework, while ensuring that the multiscreen services comply with the content industry’s stringent security requirements.
“2015 promises more mature multiscreen offerings, with big players such as Amazon, Apple and Google making powerful moves and bringing their own standards with them,” explained Dr Neale Foster, COO and VP Global Sales TV, ACCESS Europe. “If operators want to stay competitive in this new TV landscape, they need to ensure that their solutions are compatible with the latest industry standards such as the brand new YouTube guidelines. We pride ourselves on being very quick to take standards and guidelines and support them in actionable solutions for our operator customers. Our demonstrations at TV Connect will show how operators can leverage these solutions to seamlessly create powerful experiences on every screen without compromising on security or picture quality.”
ACCESS’ on-stand demonstrations at TV Connect enable operators to discover how they can build secure, cross platform multiscreen solutions that combine linear, payTV and OTT in a single user experience. They include:
- HTML5 application framework, based on the multiscreen management platform ACCESS Twine™ and showcased on an iPad, Android smartphone and a set-top-box, will allow visitors to see how operators can quickly create a unified user experience across multiple platforms
- An interactive ‘Push to TV’ demonstration will also show how operators can deliver Chromecast-like use cases
- The enhanced dashboard and management functionality of ACCESS Twine will illustrate how operators can receive advanced subscriber data, enabling them to respond faster to potential churn and provide tailored content and marketing capabilities
- The demonstration of YuMe multiscreen advertising technology with ACCESS Twine will highlight how advanced digital advertising capabilities, including dynamic ad insertion and management, enables operators to offer personalised advertising campaigns on multiscreen.
The ACCESS demonstrations at TV Connect rely on the ACCESS software portfolio, including:
- ACCESS Twine™, a standards-based multiscreen management platform that complies with the operator requirements for advanced control of media sharing without compromising on the consumer experience. The solution offers global search of content from multiple sources via a single user interface, remote access and sharing of operator and personal video to multiscreen while ensuring that content is fully secure. ACCESS Twine provides flexible software modules for set-top boxes (STB), digital TVs, home gateways, smartphones and tablets. The solution is available as a client for STBs, mobiles and tablets as well as a home gateway package. The head-end server side components facilitate the control of subscriber rights and can be integrated seamlessly with existing operator infrastructure such as subscriber management, analytics and premium content security systems. The solution also supports advanced digital advertising capabilities, including dynamic ad insertion and management, granular audience and inventory targeting, and normalization of ad creative across platforms
- The NetFront™ Browser series, which supports the new YouTube 2015 guidelines including Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) and Media Source Extensions (MSE) for premium content, to enable TV and set-top box manufacturers to provide consumers with a YouTube TV app accessible via any web browser and on any device. The ACCESS browser series provides the ultimate embedded choice across legacy and new hardware platforms via a family of browser solutions, ensuring outstanding Internet viewing experiences, world leading rendering speed, HTML5 compliance and optimized memory-usage. They come pre-installed in a wide variety of devices including TVs, gaming devices and in-vehicle infotainment systems. The browser series supports the latest global broadcasting and communications standards, such as Hybridcast, BML, Ginga, as well as HbbTV, and continues to evolve to offer higher performance and even easier device integration. The NetFront Browser family demonstrations at TV Connect include NetFront™ Browser NX HbbTV Edition and NetFrontTM Browser BE, an advanced HTML5 browser based on the Chromium Blink Engine and featuring high stability for high-end embedded platforms
- NetFrontTM Living Connect 3.1, ACCESS’ award-winning media sharing technology component, which has been enhanced to meet the content industry’s next generation security requirements through hardened chipped readiness. The solution is now pre-integrated and ready to work with next generation CE device chips deploying hardened secure chipsets. The combined solution adds new deployment options and an extended architecture to split functional components into secure and unsecured areas of next generation chipsets. In conjunction with Zenterio visitors to the ACCESS booth will be able to see how it provides operators with a robust solution ensuring secure media sharing across any device.
TV Connect takes place on April 28-30 at the ExCeL Exhibition and Convention Centre in London, UK.