ACCESS Twine™ for Car turns journeys into personalised entertainment experiences
- Combines in-vehicle access to content for any device with a large content catalogue
- Helps car manufacturers to offer a highly personalised infotainment services adjusted to consumer preferences and journey information
- Enables the automotive industry to design and provide the perfect infotainment experiences with BYOD and head units
Tokyo, Japan, 16 April 2018 − ACCESS CO., LTD today announced the launch of ACCESS Twine™ for Car, a unique solution that combines a white-labeled multimedia content catalogue and a streaming service with an infotainment platform to personalise each journey for the car user. Readily available for car manufacturers and tier 1 providers, ACCESS Twine for Car will make its public debut at the GENIVI All Members meeting and showcase in Munich (Hilton Munich Park Hotel, April 17-19).
“Cars today are all connected, enabling the automotive industry to design and provide the infotainment experiences of the future – which is where ACCESS Twine for Car comes in. Building on our expertise delivering multimedia content to over 1.5 billion devices, we have designed a solution that personalises the experience for the journey to suit the unique environment that is the car. In addition, we take care of the changes that media technologies go through regularly with no disruption for the car manufacturer or the consumer. This way, we can offer best-in-class car infotainment experiences now and in the future,” said Dr. Neale Foster, CEO at ACCESS Europe.
With ACCESS Twine for Car, ACCESS is radically transforming the in-car experience of consumers worldwide. The solution enables drivers to enjoy specific audio centric content or news on demand, while passengers can use it to watch video, play games, listen to music or read books from the comfort of their seat. Combining the user’s own library with an international content catalogue, the unique solution adjusts the experience to each journey and user. Using ACCESS Twine for Car, car manufacturers can help drivers adjust audiobook content to their daily commute or offer short form entertainment for children in the rear-seat on their way to school. Parents can also control the content choices for their children, while taxi drivers can easily adapt the entertainment for each client’s preferences and the length of the journey.
In order to offer high value content on multiple devices, ACCESS Twine for Car combines seamless integration of built-in devices and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and Remote Media Access to enable consumers to watch content stored at home or in other vehicles. The solution also complies with content owner security requirements for premium video through the integration of full end-to-end Digital Rights Management (DRM) content protection.
ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car) is a flexible multimedia content service for automotive manufacturers. The solution has been developed to bridge the gap between the automotive and content industries and increases the safety, comfort and flexibility of content consumption for drivers and passengers. Acting as the portal for all types of content, ACCESS interacts with the respective stake holders to ease the provisioning of state-of-the-art streaming services. ACCESS has relationships with Tier 1s, studios, broadcasters, content rights owners, consultants, lawyers, licensing and collecting societies, DRM technology providers and infrastructure providers.
Key features of ACCESS Twine for Car:
- Audio & video live, catch-up and on-demand content
- Multimedia content types including HTML5 games, eBooks, ePapers, audiobooks and more
- Indexes content in the cloud for ease of access from any authorised device
- Offers multi-zone playback
- Parental control
- Seamlessly integrates with built-in devices in the car, such as the head unit and rear seat entertainment, and personal devices brought in the car, including smartphones and tablets
- Supports DRM protected content
- Independent from broadcast infrastructure
- Minimum requirements:
o Internet connectivity
o Wi-Fi hotspot in the car
o Touch display