ADB ioCentro enables breakthrough smart connectivity for home appliance manufacturers
- Cloud-based Internet of Things solution allows companies to more rapidly bring cutting-edge products and services to market, while reducing cost and complexity
- Enables proactive appliance fault diagnostics, automated self-help, remote control, and efficient warranty and after-sales service delivery
- Empowers manufacturers to improve life cycle management and gain insights into end-user behaviour to guide future product and service development
Geneva, Switzerland, 25 October 2016 – ADB, a leading provider of solutions for media and broadband convergence, today announced the public launch of its cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) service, ioCentro, which enables proactive troubleshooting, consumer self-help and more efficient after-sales service – all while reducing costs and complexity.
Available as an end-to-end smart connectivity platform, ioCentro combines hardware with customised services and support designed specifically to aid major appliance manufacturers in establishing closer ongoing relationships with their customers. ADB has already begun to deploy ioCentro with leading home appliance brands, including Whirlpool, Bauknecht and Indesit, and is publicly debuting the platform at the IoT Solutions World Congress in Barcelona October 25-27.
ioCentro is built on ADB’s 20-plus years’ of innovation in connectivity hardware, software and data integration. The company has deployed more than 100 million connected devices worldwide, including 30 million broadband gateways.
The cloud-based solution offers an effective and scalable approach for collecting, managing and analysing appliance data across millions of products worldwide. Hardware connectivity modules enable Wi-Fi connectivity and the flow of sensor data – with products 80% preconfigured to speed deployment. As a result, global manufacturers can create connected appliances and bring them to market quickly, without having to become IoT experts themselves.
IoCentro’s cloud configuration also allows appliance makers to easily and swiftly retrofit existing designs to offer new IoT connectivity, thus avoiding costs related to creating and managing bespoke IT environments.
Peter Balchin, ADB’s Chief Executive Officer, comments: “ioCentro empowers manufacturers to develop state-of-the-art, IoT-enabled appliances while eliminating a lot of the pain. With our strong track record of successfully deploying connected devices for telecommunications providers, hoteliers and pay-TV operators across the world, ADB has the connectivity expertise necessary to enable clients to quickly deliver real-world IoT benefits without the uncertainty and risk associated with developing the technology in-house.”
ADB’s ioCentro provides tangible benefits for appliance makers, including:
- Automated diagnostics and analysis, enabling manufacturers to troubleshoot and offer consumers self-help systems that identify faults and provide solutions for minor issues – plus, vendors can fix configuration issues and enable firmware updates remotely, avoiding expensive engineer visits
- Innovative remote control and device status mobile apps, empowering customers to exercise more control over each appliance while tracking useful statistics such as power consumption and current activity status
- Industry standard data exchange, allowing manufacturers to feed data into existing service management systems to improve service delivery while reducing warranty management costs
- Aggregation of Big Data statistics around large-scale appliance usage, offering insights manufacturers can employ to guide future product design, user interfaces and after-sale service strategies
Balchin notes: “ADB offers a one-stop-shop for IoT capability. We can engineer, develop and operate the connectivity infrastructure necessary to develop new appliances or remake existing products to help manufacturers build positive customer relationships, improve life cycle management, gain insights into end-user behaviour and enable new business models.”
ioCentro is purpose built for the connected appliance market. More than four years of development have gone into ioCentro, creating a seamless IoT solution with a robust roadmap to help futureproof an organization’s investment in IoT. Deployment on state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure ensures that ioCentro has the latest security, horizontal scalability, high availability, compliance with data privacy regulations, and protection against denial-of-service attacks.
To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.adbglobal.com/solutions/business-iot
– Ends –
ADB is Connecting Lives and Connecting Worlds with innovative solutions for personal and business TV, broadband and Internet of Things (IOT). We understand how the Connected Age is changing consumer consumption and driving demand for powerful, flexible and cost-effective connectivity and services.
Our Connected Solutions bring together our proven expertise and 20 years of award-winning industry firsts, enabling our customers to build successful businesses and deliver the connected experiences consumers crave. We know what success looks like because we are empowering some of the world’s leading content distributors, pay TV and broadband operators including A1 Telekom Austria, Border States Electronic, Canal Digital, Cox, Graybar, NC+, Swisscom, Telecom, Italia, Telefonica, Telenet, Time Warner and Vodafone.
ADB has a passionate and dedicated team of over 600 people, including a 350 strong engineering team. The company is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and has offices throughout Europe, Asia and North America.
For more information, visit www.adbglobal.com
For further details, please contact:
+44 (0) 20 7486 4900