ADB to play pivotal role in the Connected Age with IBC launch of Connected Solutions
- ADB’s personal and business TV and IoT solutions enable service providers to monetize the new connected world
- Launches ConnectedOS platform for managing connected devices and IoT applications
02 September 2015 – Geneva, Switzerland: ADB today announced a strategic move to address the growing convergence of TV and IoT with the launch of ADB Connected Solutions at IBC 2015 (Hall #4.B52). The new range of application specific software solutions are designed for Personal and Business TV and IoT. They are built on ADB’s proven expertise and 20 years of award-winning industry firsts, combined with a clear vision for the future needs of the Connected Age. ADB Connected Solutions will enable service providers to maximize the opportunities brought by the new Connected Age and deliver compelling connected experiences that today’s consumers crave.
The rise in Internet connectivity has dramatically changed how society works and plays and created an era that some are calling the Connected Age. By 2020, it is estimated that there will be 26 billion connected devices, 8 billion people with either mobile or fixed broadband and 1.5 billion homes with digital TV. As a result the pay-TV and IoT markets are bursting with opportunity and service providers are looking for new ways to deliver TV and IoT services to consumers and businesses that drive revenues and profitability.
“This is a new chapter for ADB – we are building on our past experience and securing our future. We have a strong vision in the new Connected Age and we are focused and committed to make this a reality for our customers and their consumers,” said Peter Balchin, CEO of ADB. “We believe that in an age of Internet connectivity, there is a need for fast and reliable and cost-effective solutions that ensure consumers and businesses are always connected.”
Along with its Connected Solutions, ADB has also launched ConnectedOS, a hybrid cloud and device centric platform for developing, deploying and managing connected devices for video and the Internet of Things.
ConnectedOS is the backbone of all of the ADB Connected Solutions and acts as a transition layer between a wide range of connected technologies, industry platforms and protocols, simplifying integration, speed to market and reducing the cost in delivering connected services to clients.
The new portfolio of Connected Solutions is designed to drive change and enable new business opportunities in the Connected Age:
- Personal TV – delivers seamless TV experiences across any screen, allowing consumers to watch their favorite content across set-top boxes, mobile devices and PCs
- Personal IoT – manages and unifies smart home applications, helping consumers to run their lives more smoothly
- Business TV – delivers video and digital signage across any screen in any location, providing consumers with information and entertainment in a range of commercial environments. Includes hotels, bars, gym, hospitals, educational institutions and quasi-residential living spaces
- Business IoT – improves the efficiency of critical business processes and provides ongoing lifecycle management, in turn providing consumers with better products and services
ADB will be debuting its Connected Solutions and ConnectedOS platform at this year’s IBC show. Visitors to the show will be able to see demonstrations of the solutions first-hand on stand #4.B52.