Bitmovin: rapid brand building for a fast growth company
Bitmovin gives media owners, social media companies and streaming TV providers the ability to stream high quality video anywhere. It needed to raise its profile as an innovator and gain the attention of customers around the world.
What we did
Platform created a global campaign to rapidly boost visibility for a brand that previously had minimal coverage:
- Managed communications for a new funding round, including creating announcement and working in partnership with investors.
- Conducted partner PR with Microsoft, Mozilla and AOMedia (an industry alliance including Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Intel and Netflix).
- Creative storytelling around the emergence of next generation video codecs and Bitmovin’s research amongst 500 developers in 67 countries (revealing that delivery delay is the biggest issue holding the online video industry back).
- Strategic event communications at NAB and IBC, including round table, press event and targeted executive briefings.
- Ongoing momentum announcements and proactive pitching to top media and influencers to secure a constant stream of coverage.
- 270+ media hits in just nine months, reaching a targeted audience of 19 million+.
- Awareness helped Bitmovin gain a 400% increase in sales leads.
- Brand visibility supported a recruitment drive that saw the company more than double in size.
The team at Platform has played a major part in helping us move to a totally different level. Their ideas, counsel and connections have been totally invaluable. They work in a seamless, fully integrated way with our marketing team and across our organisation. Ultimately, growing our profile and profile and industry recognition has helped us win many new customers and attract some of the best talent in the industry.
Stefan Lederer CEO, Bitmovin