- New Multiscreen Insights Service enables operators to have a single source with which to measure and analyse consumption across their network
- Access to Genius Digital multiscreen libraries enables operators to grow revenues and reduce cost and improve overall strategy
London, 1st September 2016 – Genius Digital, the experts in audience analytics, today announces the IBC launch of its brand new Multiscreen Insights service. Integrating seamlessly with the existing Genius Digital Insight Platform, Multiscreen Insights enables operators to have a single source with which to measure and analyse consumption from all of the devices in their network.
The Multiscreen Insights Service will be launched at IBC as part of the Genius Digital demonstration on the Verimatrix IBC stand (5.A59).
For cable, satellite, IPTV and OTT operators, multiscreen is now a vital aspect to any service offering, not simply an added extra. As such it is important that operators have parity of measurement and analytics across all devices in order to best gain a holistic view of its customers. Through using the Multiscreen Insights Service, operators can make the most of Genius Digital’s multiscreen libraries to help them grow revenues, reduce cost and solve their most pressing business issues.
The service enables providers to retain subscribers by driving understanding of what causes churn across screens, and what the best remedies are to reduce it. Additionally, accessing this deep knowledge of each subscriber and their viewing habits, means that upsell offers can be delivered in a more targeted and effective way – generating loyal customers who respond positively to personalized campaigns.
Genius Digital’s Multiscreen Insights Service consists of three distinct elements:
- Multiscreen libraries: flexible lightweight and easy-to-implement libraries that can be embedded into an operator’s mobile or web applications. These provide monitoring of video and audio consumption, profile management, performance and quality management in each of these environments.
- Real-time servers: to collect event data (media download, streaming and consumption plus any errors detected during these processes). A dashboard allows calls into the multiscreen library’s API to be viewed as real-time events appearing on the server.
- Multiscreen data servers: designed to collect non-event data from the applications and allows this data to be stored, retrieved and viewed. They support discreet services including profile management, metadata collection and debug logging.
“In our experience, most set-top box middleware systems can provide an adequate view of how subscribers are using a service, but we don’t believe that a stitched-together set of heterogeneous measurements systems (built using different front and back-ends) provides the actionable insights needed to allow operators to compete in the increasingly competitive Pay TV market. Operators that measure their multiscreen services in isolation from their main services are now at a distinct competitive disadvantage to those with a complete view,” commented Tom Weiss, CEO of Genius Digital.
“Our new Multiscreen Insights Service provides real value through eliminating the need for operators to utilise a range of disparate analytics platforms, bringing together the three key areas that are critical for the success of a solution: accurate data, relevant reports and multi-platform coverage,” concluded Weiss.
Note to editors:
Tom Weiss will take part in a Forum Data Keynote Panel, “Can audience measurement catch up with catch-up?” 10th September, 13:30 – 14:30, The Forum.
If you would like to meet Genius Digital at IBC, please contact Darcie Farrell, email@example.com / +44 207 486 4900.
About Genius Digital
Genius Digital turns data into actions so TV operators can build more compelling and profitable services. We help TV, Cable, Satellite and OTT service providers gain a deep understanding of real-time audience activity across any platform and device. With our Insight Platform, TV providers can build, test and adapt compelling new services to delight their subscribers.
Genius Digital was formed by TV industry veterans Jonathan Sykes and Tom Weiss specifically to focus on helping operators use data to optimize services and maximize value from the connected consumer.
For more information about Genius Digital, please visit www.geniusdigital.tv
T: +44 (0)20 7486 4900