- Genius Digital’s Insight Platform is now deployed with four Tier-1 operators to drive the growth of their businesses
- Key applications include include retention, acquisition and upsell; quality of service, advertising support, packaging, new service launches and many more
- Big data is the fastest route to enhancing the bottom-line for many operators
London, 10 September 2015 – Genius Digital, the experts in audience analytics, today announces that visitors to its IBC stand (14. F33) will see examples of four tier-1 operator customers using its award-winning Insight Platform. The Insight Platform is now deployed with four tier-1 operator customers based in North America, Asia Pacific and MENA, who have a combined 8m subscribers and are using data to drive and change their businesses.
At IBC, on-stand demonstrations will include how data is being used to support operators around KPIs such as retention, upsell and new customer acquisition, including:
- Optimizing a new OTT service post launch, helping to improve upsell, and drive the number of connected customers
- Improving scheduling and supporting content negotiations for an operator in MENA
- Monitoring the consumer pull and performance of content based on highly expensive media rights in both APAC and North America
- Monitoring QoS for a North American customer to solve problems before they occur, and reduce operator spend on fixing them
“These landmark deployments of the Insight Platform show operators getting the best from broadcast and OTT,” said Jonathan Sykes, Chairman, Genius Digital. “We’ll also demonstrate at IBC how we find that operators have seen for themselves that data is the fastest and most certain route to them enhancing profitability.”
As well as demonstrating profitability enhancements, Genius Digital will also discuss how operators can avoid the technical issues that can derail companies from making the most of big data, including issues around collecting and analyzing data at scale.
The on-stand demonstrations of the Genius Digital Insight Platform provide a deep understanding of audience activity from any platform and device, across linear, on-demand or hybrid services, in real-time. By taking data from subscribers and developing ways to act upon it, Genius Digital equips pay TV operators with the answers they need to build more compelling services, enter content deals with viewer data and build engaging offerings, such as targeted advertising and campaigns, based on actual audience activity.
Discussing the breadth of projects that it has been involved in, Genius Digital CEO Tom Weiss, remarked: “With our Insight Platform now deployed with tier-1 operators globally, we can confidently show how the Pay TV industry can benefit from data. From identifying upsell targets to monitoring new services, content stickiness and advertising effectiveness and cutting costs through anticipating and avoiding truck rolls, our customers ask us to be involved in nearly every part of their business. Without data you’re in the dark, but getting data to work for you improves decision making and optimizes profitability in almost every part of your business.”