- Provides early warnings, simplified failure analysis, prompt notifications, and easy log aggregation to IT and engineering professionals
- Lowers service costs by resolving issues before they become catastrophic
- Increases accuracy and decreases human error through task automation
MONTREAL, April 3, 2014 — Today, Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, introduced GV GUARDIAN, its new remote monitoring software application that is designed to minimize downtime and prevent failures across broadcast and media infrastructure operations. GV GUARDIAN proactively alerts engineering and/or IT personnel to problems and potential complications, making resolution fast, accurate, and complete.
“Media distribution is becoming increasingly more complex across the board, especially with multiplatform delivery and the increasing reliance on software-based solutions. This is placing great pressure on IT and broadcast engineers as they need to maintain more widely dispersed systems,” explained Mike Cronk, Senior Vice President Strategic Marketing, Grass Valley. “GV GUARDIAN eases that complexity. It alleviates the biggest risk factor facing broadcasters today — dead air — while it tackles the challenges associated with manpower, optimization, and problem mitigation.”
GV GUARDIAN is an SNMP, WMI, and Syslog-based remote monitoring tool that easily identifies the root cause(s) of a failure, notifies responsible support personnel, and then aggregates all error logs and hardware failure data into a single location for analysis and/or handoff to a Grass Valley Technical Assistance Center engineer. It is easy to configure, easy to use, and fully autonomous.
Key benefits include:
- Increasing system reliability by predicting problems before they become failures
- Lowering service costs by resolving issues before they become catastrophic
- Speeding up problem resolution via easy consolidation of error logs and failure data
- Increasing productivity by monitoring a system with minimal human intervention
- Increasing accuracy and decreasing human error through automating tasks that would otherwise be manual
GV GUARDIAN joins Grass Valley’s acclaimed iControl content monitoring and control solution to create a comprehensive set of monitoring tools for broadcasters, content producers, and content distributors. When operating side-by-side in a broadcast or production facility, GV GUARDIAN and iControl give users the confidence that their critical software applications, networks, video and audio signals are performing with maximum uptime and quality.
Grass Valley is exhibiting at NAB in Las Vegas from April 7-10, 2014 on booth SL206 and N2513.