IBC2019 sees Amino highlight innovative solutions for the delivery of next generation TV experiences
Cambridge, UK, 1 August 2019 – Amino, the global media and entertainment technology solutions provider, will showcase its next-generation solutions portfolio at IBC2019, enabling pay-TV operators to meet today’s market conditions and the demands of the modern TV consumer.
Discussing IBC2019, Donald McGarva, Amino’s CEO commented: “In today’s highly competitive media market operators need to adopt smart and cost-effective strategies which deliver cutting-edge viewing experiences. IBC2019 is the perfect opportunity for operators to learn how Amino can help them leverage Android TV, advanced management tools and the upcycling of existing set-tops to both reduce OPEX and provide exciting next generation video experiences.”
At this year’s IBC, Amino will host briefings in The IABM Lounge exploring its innovative operator ready Android TV solutions and will discuss:
- Operational Agility: Learn how AminoOS gives operators increased flexibility to deliver the video services their subscribers want. AminoOS integrates with leading OTT app providers and middleware solutions like MOBITV, Tivo, Espial, Minerva etc.
- Upcycling: enabling operators to create new and compelling video services through software upgrades to already deployed set-top boxes, AminoOS provides a smart, cost-effective strategy for operators looking to solve legacy issues and deliver modern TV experiences.
- Service Assurance: AminoOS Engage service assurance management tools enable operators to efficiently and proactively support and improve quality of service across any network by solving configuration issues remotely, preventing truck rolls and reducing OPEX.
- 2nd Generation AndroidTV devices: Amino VU Amlogic powered devices will provide increased processing power, higher capacity SD cards and USB 3.0 support – enhancing device capabilities for both linear and streaming app services.
In addition, following its recent acquisition by Amino, the 24i business unit will demonstrate the powerful combination of Its Next Generation video experience management platform and Amino TV to deliver Live VOD and EPG content across iOS, Android, Web, and Android TV at IBC2019 (#14.G04).
Also on show from 24i are:
- Android launcher video experiences for live content and EPG.
- Real-world deployment of 24i SmartOTT and Backstage products by operator and broadcaster customers, including Slovak Telecom, NPO, iflix, KPN, PureFlix, RTE, NLZIET, Fox Sports, Globo and Sinclair Broadcasting Services.
- Gathering metadata with Microsoft Video Indexer, powered by the 24i BackStage to create hyper-personalised video. experiences for viewers
- Examples of how to integrate voice into video experiences
- HbbTV TV portal including rich EPG, Archive, Live TV and TV Games running from our HbbTV Playout KIT.
There is further information on 24i at IBC at: https://www.24i.com/event/ibc-2019/
To book an IBC meeting with Amino or 24i at the show, please get in touch: email@example.com.
– ENDS –
About Amino Communications
Amino is a global leader in media and entertainment technology solutions and an IPTV pioneer, working with over 250 operators in 100-plus countries. Drawing on more than 20 years’ experience delivering IP/cloud innovation, Amino enables operators to meet the challenges they face as broadcast TV and online video moves to an all-IP future with managed over-the-top (OTT) offerings. We are expert in software, hardware and cloud implementation – able to deploy our own leading-edge technologies and integrate these with third-party and ‘upcycled’ legacy systems. At the forefront of the evolution of TV Everywhere, Amino helps operators to provide the features and functionality modern consumers are looking for in a multiscreen, multi-device entertainment world.
Having deployed over 10 million customer premise devices and the software necessary to link the back end to the user interface, we understand the issues operators face. We partner with operators to deliver end-to-end, operator-ready solutions that enable next-generation customer experiences. We ‘upcycle’ existing infrastructure to support more advanced services and integrate seamlessly with new technologies to form a unified ecosystem. The result is a fresh consumer offering based on a consistent user experience across all screens, building brand reputation, stemming churn, growing subscribers and increasing average revenue per user (ARPU).
Amino Communications is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amino Technologies PLC and listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (AIM: symbol AMO), with headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom, and global offices in California, Finland, Hong Kong and Portugal. For more details, visit http://www.aminocom.com
Freddie Weiss @ Platform Communications
T: +44 (0)20 7486 4900