MAKE.TV STREAMLINES CLOUD VIDEO
New version of Live Video Cloud will debut at IBC (Amsterdam, 14-18 September, stand 14.A24)
Seattle, WA – 13 August 2018 – Make.TV announces a new version of Live Video Cloud, its complete solution for broadcasters and publishers of all sizes to acquire, curate, route and distribute hyper-local live video sources from anywhere in the world to any destination. Make.TV’s technology is used by world leaders in news, sport, entertainment and esports including Major League Baseball, ESL Gaming, FOX Sports, NBC Universal, MTV/Viacom and Warner Bros.
Make.TV’s Live Video Cloud opens pathways for video to be shared between content creators, producers, programmers and advertisers with scale, speed and relevance previously not possible. It makes it easy to get breaking news content quickly, handle remote production and deliver localized content across broadcast, online and social media networks.
The latest version offers updated performance, reduced latency and an enhanced user-interface. It enables broadcasters and publishers to exploit the major opportunities of cloud video:
- Be first to get and use relevant content: acquire an infinite number of live video feeds from any source in any location including mobiles, drones, online sources, encoders and professional cameras.
- Stay flexible and scale on demand: add inputs, see all video signals in one place and change output points whenever needed and without signal interruptions. Live Video Cloud is running in all data centres offered by major cloud providers, so users can create fast, stable connections and avoid bottlenecks. Low latency also means users have much more ‘right now’ control over live content.
- Respond to creative production needs: allow audience engagement by re-shuffling the production cards, enabling creators and citizen journalists to participate in the production and curation process alongside organizations. Full WebRTC integration allows broadcasters to invite audiences to contribute content at a URL, before selecting video for broadcast alongside other sources.
- Deliver content wherever it needs to be: route signals to unlimited outputs including broadcast networks, streaming platforms and social media (including YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and Twitter/Periscope).
- Easy integration: Live Video Cloud works with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud as well as any hardware infrastructure, avoiding any technology lock-ins.
“Our mission is to make the promise of cloud video a reality. The challenges of being the first to deliver great content, creating deeper audience engagement and delivering dynamic, personal viewing experiences across platforms just became a lot easier to address,” said Andreas Jacobi, CEO and co-founder at Make.TV. “Live Video Cloud brings content creators and broadcasters closer together to enable experiences that engage viewers longer, increase monetization opportunities and drive brand value.”