- Launches next-generation of Nimbra Edge, the industry’s most open and agile cloud delivery solution
- Integrates Nimbra and Aperi solutions to offer a complete suite of open, virtualized and cloud-native solutions
Stockholm, Sweden – Net Insight launches the next generation of its Nimbra Edge intelligent video delivery platform, enhancing the flexibility, reliability and economics of cloud video for broadcasters, service providers and enterprises.
Media organizations and enterprises need to meet the increasing demand for exciting live content experiences while also driving efficiencies through remote production, distributed workflows and flexible delivery networks. The Nimbra Edge platform drives maximum benefit from the cloud because it is built on open standards. It supports all major industry re-transmission (ARQ) standards (RIST, SRT, Zixi), enabling service providers to deploy any mix of private, hybrid or public cloud network while also avoiding being locked into any particular vendor. Support for open standards also means that streams can be handled in any format, simplifying operations and making it easy to work with existing equipment investments.
By integrating the high-end Nimbra and Aperi platforms directly with Nimbra Edge, Net Insight offers a complete range of agile and secure media delivery solutions for cloud, IP and virtualized networks. This makes it easy for broadcasters, service providers, production companies and enterprises to create frictionless, high-quality, low-latency live video workflows using the perfect networks for their needs.
“We’re giving our customers the tools they need to reach the biggest audiences, launch flexible transport services quickly and reduce risk. That means driving cloud transformation that’s built on openness, enhanced agility and efficiency,” said Net Insight CEO, Crister Fritzson. “The latest version of Nimbra Edge and the integration with our existing platforms mean that our customers can get high-quality results with any blend of public, private or hybrid networks. Crucially, they can also build on their existing Nimbra hardware as they move toward the cloud, so they can avoid discarding previous investments.”
Dhaval Ponda, Global Head of Media & Entertainment, Tata Communications, added: “We are a leading provider of live broadcast, and media optimised cloud & edge services, supporting over 5,000 events globally. With our single-platform, all-encompassing Media Cloud Ecosystem, we enable broadcasters and sport federations to engage with their fans in innovative ways, playing a key role in their business growth. Net Insight is an integral part of this Ecosystem through its Nimbra platform which has been established as an expert for live video services and workflows.”
Nimbra Edge is a fully open, intelligent platform for ingesting and delivering any live media stream, in any format, securely to multiple destinations across any IP network. The new features deliver unmatched performance, interoperability and reliability:
- Flexible innovation: Nimbra Edge includes an open API for creating seamless communication with any external service. This gives maximum flexibility to integrate with existing management systems for automatic network control. In addition, built-in authentication makes it easy for rights holders, content owners and service providers to directly publish and monetize live content in the cloud.
- Enhanced monitoring for performance excellence: Transparency lies at the heart of robust and reliable networks; service providers need access to precise information about the services running on their network at all times. Users need to know that they can depend on IP networks, especially when replacing satellite distribution. Nimbra Edge automatically measures the resilience, success and quality of streams to reduce troubleshooting time and ensure uninterrupted viewer experiences.
- Built-in synchronization for remote and distributed workflows in the cloud: The Nimbra Edge system enables automatic time-stamping and stream alignment of live inputs from multiple cameras in any location. This makes it simple to keep video perfectly in sync across all destinations, removing any video skipping, lip sync errors and misaligned camera angles without the cost and complexity of using GPS antennas.
Simple, per-stream pricing gives Nimbra Edge customers full transparency and control over spending, enabling them to accurately predict costs in advance. Additionally, there is no extra charge for handling higher resolution streams. This means users have complete flexibility to offer any combination of 4K, HD and standard definition content without incurring additional costs.
Nimbra is the benchmark for media delivery and trusted by the world’s leading media brands, such as The Switch, Tata Communications, LinkedIn and SVT, to deliver high-quality, robust services for premier live events around the globe.
Robert Szabo-Rowe, SVP Engineering and Product Management at The Switch, commented: “We deliver mission-critical live feeds for many of the world’s most-watched sports, news and entertainment events. Nimbra lies at the heart of our ability to deliver these feeds in pristine condition, making sure viewers don’t miss a single second of the action. We work with Net Insight because it truly understands what it takes to handle live content on any network with zero compromises on quality.”
For further information, please contact:
Crister Fritzson, CEO of Net Insight AB, +46 8 685 04 00, email@example.com
Platform Communications for Net Insight
Megan Kicks/Farah Jifri
+44 (0) 20 7 486 4900
About Net Insight
Net Insight (Nasdaq: NETI B) is defining new ways to deliver media, opening up opportunities for content owners, broadcasters, production companies, service providers and enterprises to produce and deliver the future of live sport, news and online content. The company is driving the transformation to IP, virtualization and cloud workflows and has built the market’s most open and cloud-ready media delivery platform for contribution, distribution, live production, and orchestration.
For over 20 years the world’s leading media brands have trusted Net Insight and the company is recognized for having set the benchmark for media transport. Now Net Insight is combining its broadcast heritage and R&D expertise with the deep IP knowledge gained from developing its own streaming solution to evolve Nimbra, its Emmy® Award winning video transport solution, for the new media era. With a strong vision for the future of IP and cloud, Net Insight is helping the world’s leading media brands to simply and cost-effectively produce and deliver content to viewers anywhere.
Net Insight also offers ScheduALL, a software solution for intelligent resource planning and optimization.
For more information, please visit netinsight.net
Twitter: @NetInsight, twitter.com/NetInsight
LinkedIn: @Net Insight, www.linkedin.com/company/net-insight/