Plainview, NY, April 24, 2015 — NeuLion, Inc. (TSX: NLN), a leading technology product and service provider that specializes in the digital video broadcasting, distribution and monetization of live and on-demand content to Internet-enabled devices, today announced that it will showcase its HEVC and 4K/Ultra HD-ready product portfolio at TV Connect 2015 (28-30 April, ExCeL, London). The event will show European content right holders how the next-generation NeuLion® Digital Platform enables them to securely stream live and on-demand video content up to 4K with HEVC and MPEG-DASH to consumer electronics devices including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, game consoles and more.
“We believe that sports and live entertainment will be a key driver for consumer adoption of 4K digital content. And as operators continue to embrace TV Everywhere on multiple screens, NeuLion will provide sports and entertainment content rights holders with live and on-demand video delivery up to 4K on any consumer device,” said NeuLion EVP and Co-Founder Chris Wagner. “In 2014 alone, NeuLion streamed more than 50,000 live events, reinforcing our view that access to live sports and entertainment on-the-go is a must for fans today,” he added.
NeuLion enables state of the art video delivery experiences for more sports leagues, clubs and entertainment networks than any other provider, and is uniquely positioned to help its content partners, including the NBA, NFL, NHL, Sky TV, Millicom, World Surf League, Univision, UFC, Rogers Media and others deliver a premium live streaming experience at up to 4K resolutions, which will be a key driver for live and on-demand OTT video delivery.
On-stand demos include:
- The NeuLion® Digital Platform: an end-to-end platform enabling the OTT and TV Everywhere delivery of high-quality video services while streamlining the content delivery process with automation, secure encoding, content management, content security and delivery to connected internet devices. The platform facilitates the streaming and sharing of high-quality content up to 4K including premium sports. On-stand demos will include NeuLion-powered services featuring matches, highlights, news and more from the NBA, NFL, NHL, UFC, NOS, Millicom, National Rugby League, Formula 1, Barclays Premier League and more.
- 4K Video on DivX Certified® Devices: NeuLion will also showcase its solution for secure streaming of 4K video and premium movie playback using HEVC and MPEG-DASH on DivX Certified Ultra HD devices.
At TV Connect, NeuLion will demonstrate a next generation video experience for CE manufacturers and content owners that provide the following benefits:
- The NeuLion Digital Platform reduces complexities for content rights holders, speeds OTT and TV Everywhere service time to market and drives new revenue using hybrid approaches that are direct to consumer and via Pay TV Affiliates.
- Best-in-class video technology featuring support 4K/UHD, adaptive bitrate streaming using H.264 and HEVC with MPEG-DASH, HLS, DivX DRM, secure live and on-demand delivery to web, mobile (iOS and Android) and consumer electronics devices.
- NeuLion HEVC technology will compress video streams by 30-40 percent, making digital distribution more efficient.
- NeuLion’s implementation of MPEG-DASH solves the complexities of 4K/UHD content distribution to multiple devices by ensuring seamless streaming on all devices.
- The DivX Certified Program for consumer electronics devices helps improve the video playback experience for consumers and reduces issues for manufacturers related to supporting different standards, file formats, codecs, containers and media features.
- Hollywood-approved DivX DRM security for SD, HD and 4K video is supported across the ecosystem (devices, software and video services), enabling secure video distribution to multiple screens, including Android, iOS, Web, Smart TVs, set-top boxes and other CE devices.
TV Connect takes place on April 28-30, 2015, at ExCeL Conference Center in London, UK.