Join a winning team
Platform Communications is a rapidly growing, independently-owned B2B technology agency. We design and deliver integrated campaigns for some of the most talked about brands in media and technology.
From start-ups to global leaders, our clients are changing the world and shaping our everyday lives with:
- entertainment and live news and sports, to keep us captivated and informed anytime, any place
- the next wave in arts and immersive experiences that are making culture more accessible to all
- new ways of doing business, driven by the power of technology
- next-gen 5G mobile networks, creating a better society
We are proud of our friendly, collegiate team culture and offer excellent work/life balance, including flexible working hours and a hybrid office/home working policy.
As we continue to grow (we are a PR Week Top 30 Technology agency), we have an opening for an Account Manager.
You will have the chance to develop your abilities in an environment that offers excellent on-the-job training and mentoring. You’ll also be working with the support of a senior management team that includes the previous head of Fleishmann Hillard Tech and senior director of Weber Shandwick’s Technology division. Collectively, they’ve led global campaigns for clients, including Microsoft, Symantec, Verizon, EA, Sonos, and many more.
Who we’re looking for
You are either an Account Manager or an established Senior Account Executive ready to move up. Ideally, you have:
- Minimum two years’ experience working in B2B Technology, either within a PR agency or an in-house PR/communications team
- A genuine interest in how technology shapes the way we live, work, and play, including the worlds of TV, movies, and sport
- Excellent written communication skills. You can create/develop a full range of quality content, including press releases, long and short-form articles and blogs, speaker and award submissions, and social media copywriting
- Strong media relations skills and confidence to deliver creative pitches that tell engaging client stories
- A great teamwork ethic, with a willingness to share knowledge, insight, and ideas
- Experience in building strong client relationships and delivering well-thought-out recommendations
- Drive delivery of integrated communication campaigns that incorporate media, analyst and influencer relations, trade-show events, speaker and award opportunities, and digital content creation and promotion
- Help develop strategic plans, lead day-to-day account management and client counsel, managing work pipelines, and tracking against KPIs
- Ensure junior team members are fully briefed, understand the tasks they need to act on, and are supported in managing their workloads
- Develop proactive story ideas and work with teams to drive newsjacking opportunities that will land coverage in a broad range of top-tier trade and mainstream media
- Assist in new business brainstorms and pitches
- Salary between £32-38,000 p/a (according to experience)
- 25 days paid holiday (plus Bank and Public Holidays) per calendar year. For each additional 12 months of completed, continuous service, you will be given an additional day of leave up to a maximum of 30 days per annum
- Professional development support to help you build the career that’s right for you
- HEKA membership – with monthly credit to select from over 1000 health and wellbeing experiences, classes, and products
- Achievement-based bonus scheme
- Regular team socials (recent events include dinners/drinks, street art and canal boat tours, table tennis… and our Fitzrovia office has free pizza/drinks nights every Thursday)
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com