- Spotlighting new FAST channel partnership with Wurl, powering commercial growth opportunities across APAC
- Highlights include its latest cloud playout innovations and OTT solutions
- Following recent Planetcast International launch, company is linking media services between India and broader global markets
New Delhi, 12 October 2022 – Planetcast Media Services, India’s leading broadcast technology and media services provider, demonstrates how it is bringing the best of global distribution technologies to India at Broadcast India 2022 (BI2022), which runs 13-15 October at Jio World Convention Centre, Mumbai. Planetcast is primed to drive growth for content owners and distributors across India, APAC and new international markets through its broad services portfolio, established expertise and experienced workforce. At BI2022, on its booth #D4A, Planetcast will show how it enables broadcasters and other Media and Entertainment (M&E) companies to profitably navigate the entire video value chain – from acquisition, post-production and preparation through to distribution and monetisation.
The company is showcasing its full portfolio of cloud-first media services and solutions at the show following the successful launch of Planetcast International, a global initiative aimed at growing its footprint beyond its deep existing customer base in India and Southeast Asia. Planetcast’s world-class client base includes brands such as Disney Star, Discovery, Viacom, Doordarshan, the Indian Premier League, and Times Network to name a few.
Sanjay Duda, Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Planetcast Media Services, says: “It’s fantastic to be back at Broadcast India 2022 after launching Planetcast International at events in the US and Europe earlier this year. The Indian market is our home and the foundation for our proven in-house software capabilities and professional video expertise, which have enabled us to build the industry’s most flexible media services portfolio. Our innovative and trusted services are deployed at scale by the most demanding media companies in the Indian market – and indeed the world.”
At BI2022, innovative services and solutions Planetcast is showcasing at the show include:
- Free Ad-Supported Streaming Television (FAST) services it is providing in partnership with WURL, a world leader in dynamic ad insertion for streaming TV;
- Cloud.X, its full-featured cloud playout platform;
- Its versatile suite of Over-the-Top (OTT) solutions, which it is offering internationally in partnership with Australia-based Switch Media – whose customers include Foxtel (Australia), Antenna (Greece), Media Prima (Malaysia), and Freeview (New Zealand).
Venugopal Iyengar, Deputy COO of Digital at Planetcast Media Services, notes: “We aim to empower M&E companies throughout India and APAC to boost distribution, scale and monetisation potential amid rapidly evolving market conditions. With the proliferation of platforms, content owners and media operators in these and other growing markets are grappling with the growing complexity of multi-platform distribution. Planetcast helps your distribution journey by efficiently transitioning to cloud-first workflows, enabling M&E organisations to meet this soaring demand while unleashing new business models.”
Planetcast Media Services is strongly positioned to support media companies’ transition to the cloud through its range of solutions. The company provides clients with high-quality, individualised services aimed at helping M&E companies through every step of their cloud journey while driving new revenue opportunities.
Other cloud-based solutions Planetcast’s team can discuss at BI2022 include:
- MAM.C – an always-on media asset management system that resides within the cloud, manages programme schedules and receives content;
- Managed Post Production Services – a software and cloud curated ecosystem of post-production services with a high degree of process automation and AI enabled SOPs to provide best of class services at impressive turnaround times and competitive rates.
- RECASTER – a dynamic and robust IP transport solution, which delivers a secure internet stream from anywhere to anywhere, be it a linear channel or a live sports stream;
- Playout Disaster Recovery – cloud-based DR solution that provides rapid protection against broadcast service disruption.
To set up an interview with one of Planetcast’s executives at Broadcast India to discuss the company’s services and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.