Are you a university student or recent graduate who wants to kick-start your career in communications? Platform is a leading comms agency for companies in the technology space, and we have an exciting opening for a paid intern looking to gain some great experience. We are a growing business taking on new people at all levels.
This is a position for a bright and enthusiastic candidate who is looking to fast-track their way into the world of communications. If you’re looking for the chance to put your education to good use and get your career up and running, here’s the perfect opportunity.
Our interns not only get to learn the ropes when it comes PR, social media execution, events management and other communication initiatives, but you get to work with industry-leading experts – doing real work that is important to our clients. This is an opportunity to provide support for some of the most talked about brands in media & entertainment, enterprise, telco, consumer tech and mobile, while receiving excellent on-the-job training and mentoring.
Typical day-to-day activities will include: pitching stories to the press, media coverage monitoring and reporting, assisting in award entries, copy writing, social media activity and developing an understanding of the relevant media connected to the agency’s accounts.
At Platform, hard work doesn’t go unnoticed and the benefits of working for us include:
- Senior management working day-to-day alongside our junior staff, assisting in and encouraging their development
- Excellent client list that is growing fast
- Friendly, laid-back, but driven culture with excellent work/life balance
- Lovely, modern offices on Marylebone High Street in London
- Salary of £18K per annum (pro rata)
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our thriving agency and establish excellent career prospects.
Our new intern will ideally be working toward, or have recently received, a degree in a relevant subject and be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for media and technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Writing experience
- The ability to also work well in a team
- Good organisational skills, with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Solid Microsoft Office skills
Our internship programme also offers the opportunity for the right candidate to extend their role into a permanent full-time position should they develop the necessary skills during their internship – so if you think that you fit the bill, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to chat about the role and your experience.