V-Nova’s transformative technologies fuel next-generation video encoding at NAB Show 2017
- First chance to see demonstrations of the company’s next generation V-Nova PERSEUS™ video encoding software solution, which powers full end-to-end Ultra HD, IPTV, OTT mobile video and VR/360 video experiences
- US debut of V-Nova’s brand new contribution and production solution, P.Link
- NAB Show 2017 marks V-Nova’s second anniversary since launch, highlighting the impact V-Nova PERSEUS has made on the industry to date and its untapped, exciting potential for the future
V-Nova Ltd. today announced that NAB Show 2017 will see the global debut of their newly launched next-generation V-Nova PERSEUS video encoding software. V-Nova PERSEUS 2 enables operators to deliver the highest quality content experiences for a wide range of applications including full end-to-end UHD, IPTV, OTT mobile video and VR/360 video.
Visitors to V-Nova’s suite at Encore Tower Suites Las Vegas will be able to witness:
V-Nova PERSEUS 2: Demonstrations will showcase the full capabilities of the new generation of the V-Nova PERSEUS compression codec, including:
- 100 kbps, for enjoyable mobile video to all users on any network
- 300 kbps, for reliable, enjoyable HD mobile video experiences
- 1 Mbps, for full HD mobile video streaming or downloads
- 2 Mbps, for full HD IPTV and OTT programming to all xDSL and fibre users
- 6 Mbps, for UHD movie streaming & 4K 360/VR immersive video at scale
- 10 Mbps, for scalable DTH and Cable UHD sports services.
The US debut of the new V-Nova P.Link: V-Nova’s compact, high-density and bi-directional production encoder / decoder. Powered by V-Nova PERSEUS, P.Link unlocks the promises of low-latency visually lossless UHD sports contribution, remote production, IP production and software-defined workflows, including virtualisation and cloud.
Typical use cases include:
- 150 Mbps, for intra-only remote production of up to 8 full HD cameras including program, preview and proxies
- 250 Mbps, for visually lossless intra-only UHDp60 Contribution
- 500 Mbps, for 8 visually lossless intra-only full HD feeds or two visually lossless intra-only UHDp60, within a single low-cost appliance.
Real customers use cases, from contribution through IPTV and OTT distribution, including 4K / UHD will be on show. The demonstrations will highlight the ease of deployment of V-Nova PERSEUS within an end-to-end broadcast facility or streaming platform, whether through integration into on-premise equipment or deployment to the cloud. Demos will include full end-to-end solutions in partnerships with strong ecosystem players such as Imagine Communications, Microsoft, Eutelsat and Nokia and live feeds from London, UK delivering high quality full 1080p HD video to mobile devices at < 1 Mbps.
Guido Meardi, CEO of V-Nova commented, “NAB Show 2017 is an important milestone for us. Two years after announcing our technology, we are excited to showcase customer deployments and unveil a number of new solutions, including V-Nova PERSEUS 2. Our next generation video compression solution delivers unrivalled video quality performance and step-changes in operational efficiency to enable operators to address the latest video trends. The processing power efficiency of V-Nova PERSEUS 2 allows operators to multiply their channel density on same encoder equipment, while at the same time delivering high video quality with unprecedented customer experience and reach, for both VoD and linear delivery.
We worked hard over the past two years, listening to customers’ feedback to develop V-Nova PERSEUS 2. With our pure software solution we are addressing the real needs of the industry, providing unprecedented CAPEX savings, server farm space reduction, more effective deployment in the cloud and overall simplification of service delivery to really enable the video services of tomorrow, today”.
Fabio Murra, SVP Product & Marketing, will also be joining the NAB Show Live panel session “Thinking spherically: in a 360-degree world, where are we going with immersive technologies?” to explain the role of next generation video encoding for very high quality content such as VR and 360-video, as well as live premium sports and news. The panel session will take place on Wednesday, April 25th at 15:00 – 15:30 (NAB M.E.T 360 Main Stage, Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center).