Why you want to join the Platform family
We are an award winning international B2B tech agency based in the heart of Marylebone. We’re the team behind some of the most exciting brands in media and technology, whom we’ve built longstanding relationships based on our ability to create bespoke communications programs that deliver real results. We have huge success with our internship program, with many coming back to work for us full-time and we’re on the looking for more people looking to get their foot on the career ladder.
You’ll be working with an international team of smart, talented and seriously fun people. Unlike other agencies where most staff have little contact with management teams, ours are always on hand so you’ll directly benefit from their experience of working with world renowned brands including: Barclays, EA, Ericsson, FitBit, Facebook, Microsoft, Philips Electronics and Vodafone, to name but a few!
But don’t worry, it’s not all work and no play! In return for delivering outstanding results for your clients you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, flexitime, and regular team socials.
Who you are:
You’re a recent graduate looking to kickstart your career communications, or a current student looking for some invaluable work experience:
- You are interested in how media technology is shaping our day-to-day lives, and want to play an important role in sharing these stories with the world.
- You enjoy writing and can provide examples of your best pieces of work, whether it’s a blog or something you wrote for your student newspaper.
- You enjoy being part of a team. Bonus points if you can show us this by having experience of being part of a committee or sports team!
- You are incredibly organised and can meet deadlines in time (for example essays, coursework and dissertations!)
- You feel comfortable speaking on the phone, and the idea of dialling a journalist’s number and pitching them doesn’t faze you.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
- Assisting the delivery of comprehensive and fully integrated PR, social media, speaker bureau, awards programmes.
- Developing an understanding of how the media works and starting to build relationships with journalists.
- Assisting the distribution of press releases including, making follow up calls and flagging coverage.
- Handling all administration for accounts including filing, press cuttings, reporting and press lists.
- Assisting in the organisation of events, including press conferences, networking dinners and training days.
- Drafting written content, which will include, press releases, bylined articles, feature commentary and blogs.
- Assisting new business pitches by conducting media and desk research.
Key skills we’re looking for
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good multitasking skills
- A real team player.
Competitive, and above industry standard.