There’s only a few weeks left to go until NAB Show 2019, and one thing we’re looking forward to this year is #GALSNGEAR!
#GALSNGEAR is an initiative by Women in Film & Video Washington, DC, a not-for-profit community committed to advancing the career development and achievements for women working in all areas of screen-based media. The mission of #GALSNGEAR is to create more speaking, networking and training opportunities for women in the technical fields of film, tv and media industry. Supporting sponsors include Black Magic Design, Dolby, DELL, Fox Fury Lighting, Adobe, Mandy, FMC, iZotope, Digital Anarchy, Verilux, and The Studio-B&H.
Led by Director/Producer and #GALSNGEAR Founder Amy DeLouise, these amazing leaders are moving the dial for women in the industry. These are women on a mission and we want to make sure that everyone at NAB Show has heard about #GALSNGEAR.
This year, #GALSNGEAR will be putting 27 top speakers in focus, with panels, interviews and podcasts led by Amy DeLouise along with Darley Newman of PBS Series “Travels with Darley”, Nicki Sun, host of YouTube’s TechNick Speaking, and blockchain guru Adryenn Ashley, to talk about all things tech. Their highly successful NAB SHOW LIVE! panel will also be live-streamed by Broadcast Beat and available on http://www.nabshow.com and http://www.broadcastbeat.com, carrying the #GALSNGEAR women to more than 2 million viewers in 180 countries!
Here’s what else #GALSNGEAR have lined up at NAB Show 2019 (times are Pacific Daylight Time):
Sunday April 7
- 7:30pm #GALSNGEAR MEETUP – Join speakers and sponsors at an informal dinner and drinks meetup at 4480 S Paradise Rd Ste 900 Las Vegas, NV 89109.
Monday April 8
- 11am – 12pm DAILY PODCAST – Hosted by Darley Newman, Host and Producer of the PBS series “Travels with Darley”. Listen to interviews with industry game-changers and ground-breakers in the Grand Lobby.
- 10am – 3:30pm SHOW FLOOR INTERVIEWS – short roll-in interviews which will be featured throughout the week on NAB SHOW LIVE.
Tuesday April 9
- 9:00am – 10:00 am LIVESTREAM ON NABSHOW LIVE – Experts in production, post, AI and VR will be leading this highly successful one-hour livestreamed session which will be streamed by Broadcast Beat Magazine.
- 4:00pm – 5:00 pm DAILY PODCAST – Darley Newman, Grand Lobby.
- 2:00pm – 4:00 pm CAMERA DEMO – Director Jenn Page will be demoing the newest Black Magic Ursa Mini Pro with The Studio-B&H on Booth SL14317.
Wednesday April 10
- 10:30am – 11:30am #GALSNGEAR: What’s New, What’s Next in Post in the Innovation Pipeline Theater. Register now!
- 11:00am – 12pm DAILY PODCAST – Darley Newman, Grand Lobby.
- 2:00pm – 3:15pm PANEL DISCUSSION – Case Studies in VR: Creators in Action, part of Post Production World. Register now!
- 6:00pm – 8pm NETWORKING – Women in Post Cocktail Party, sponsored by Dolby and Black Magic Design (Invitation only).
Mark your calendars and support these leading women in tech. We’re looking forward to seeing what they bring!
Read more about what #GALSNGEAR are getting up to at NAB Show 2019 on their website: https://bit.ly/2EYZ89v and follow #GALSNGEAR on social media for updates.